PT Department Specialist – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Department Specialist is responsible for delivering specific brand visions to each guest as they visit the store, ensuring they receive care, attention, and excitement. The Department Specialist covers many functions across the store including selling, merchandising, and monitoring stock levels in key brand partner areas.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
What You’ll Do
- Use the FAO Schwarz selling vision to effectively engage and delight each guest, introducing key items to guests based on your understanding of their needs.
- Serve as brand ambassador by taking ownership of key partner areas.
- Be the go-to sales representative for key branded areas and partner with leadership to escalate concerns or issues within your departments.
- Understand product lines and best sellers in your departments and utilize sales reports and data to influence your guest interactions.
- Build authentic connections with guests to build rapport and relationships during their visit, at times handling multiple guests simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a depth of product knowledge in your areas and general knowledge of other brands and items across the store.
- Maintain good understanding of store layout and local area to be able to effectively and accurately handle guest queries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of merchandising principles in order to maintain the department layout and planograms.
- Maintain a strong understanding of inventory levels in your areas and support with stock refilling, visual displays, and other product tasks as needed.
- Handle POS transactions on an as-needed basis, adhering to policies and procedures to accurately process each transaction for the guest.
What You Have
- 1+ year experience in a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment preferred.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- A love of toys and the ability to build authentic connections with our guests.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal ability.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled