PT Facilities Associate – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Facilities Associate is responsible for delivering the FAO Schwarz brand to our team and guests by completing thorough housekeeping tasks in line with daily checklists. This role is responsible for ensuring store standards are impeccable throughout the day and maintaining supply levels to fully complete the workload each day.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the cleanliness of all areas within the store and breakroom areas.
- Address maintenance/equipment issues at point of contact or escalating concerns to Leadership as needed.
- Ensure that all safety standards are upheld by wearing protective equipment when necessary, using products and tools correctly, and following all guidelines concerning mixing potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Daily cleaning of floor; sweeping, mopping and vacuuming.
- Daily cleaning of ceiling, vents and visual props.
- Perform routine cleaning of restrooms throughout the day.
- Perform routine trash removal in store and breakroom area to trash compactor.
- Dusting and cleaning of all surfaces.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products.
- Report all repairs needed and safety issues when encountered on the job.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines.
- Follow all procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
What You Have
- 1+ year experience in a facilities or housekeeping role in a flagship or premium retail environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal ability.
- Ability to work with pace to achieve workload out of hours and during trading times.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled