PT Experience Associate – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Experience Associate is responsible for bringing each area to life using scripted talking points and character profiles to engage and delight guests. Character roles include Pit Crew, Baby Doll Adoption, The Mad Scientist, and Barbie Stylist, as well as other characters and functions based upon business needs.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
What You’ll Do
- Perform all in-house experiences consistently using scripted talking points with added individual flair to make each experience feel unique.
- Build authentic connections with guests to effectively guide them through the steps of service.
- Be able to adapt your style to engage both children and adults as they visit us in the store.
- Apply and adapt our selling vision to effectively handle more than one guest simultaneously without compromising the guest experience.
- Deliver each experience with confidence and improvise whilst remaining true to character.
- Demonstrate great selling techniques to meet or exceed sales goals and KPIs.
- Adaptable to working in a diverse and ever-changing environment with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Be the expert in your zone and ensure all information provided is accurate.
- Able to perform in front of a large audience or one-on-one with the purpose of driving sales.
- Make recommendations to evolve and innovate the characters and/or experiences to excite our guests.
- Share expertise with colleagues to help elevate experiences for our guests.
- Complete weekly assigned administrative tasks to ensure all experience supplies are available to fulfill guest orders.
- Be able to replenish areas of the store as needed to maintain standards.
- Be able to flex outside assigned experience as needed to support the wider store.
- Escalate any maintenance issues that may prevent delivering the experience as planned.
What You Have
- Experience in a performance, acting, music, or dance background a plus.
- Familiarity with a premium or experience-based retailer a plus.
- An engaging and theatrical personality that can captivate an audience in all environments.
- Ability to remain positive and in character for extended periods of time without losing any of your magic.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time in all types of weather
- Able to be in costume during all types of weather.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled