FAO Schwarz FAO Schwarz Cleaner
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people, experiences and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of children. We are more than a toy store. We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND
Accountability - Own it!
The FAO Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning the entire store along with breakroom area and that includes removing debris, vacuuming, buffing of floors, trash removal, mopping and dusting. This role requires a team member that can work with sense of urgency along with attention to details.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Maintaining the cleanliness of all areas within the store and breakroom area. Addressing maintenance/equipment issues at point of contact or escalating concerns to Leadership as needed.
· Ensuring that all safety standards are upheld by wearing protective gear when necessary, using products and tools correctly and following all guidelines concerning mixing potentially hazardous chemicals.
· Daily cleaning of floor; sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
· Daily cleaning of ceiling, vents and visual props.
· Perform routine cleaning of restrooms (Scrubbing of sinks and toilets).
· Perform routine trash removal in store and breakroom area. (Removal of all trash to compactor).
· Dusting and cleaning of all surfaces (Cashwrap, Demo Stands, Alex Spa, Barbie etc.)
· Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies and products.
· Reporting all repairs and safety issues needed when encountered on the job.
· Follow all health and safety guidelines.
· Follow all procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
· Provide customer service.
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
· Experience is cleaning.
· Must have knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment
· Ability to move and/or lift push and pull over 25 pounds
· A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand
· Excellent collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability, drive for results, influence for impact, analytical, and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment
· Cashier/POS experience
· Must be able to work, days, nights and weekends.
· A BIG Smile!
Why You Should Work for Us
· We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
· You’re never treated like a number or task; you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
· Growth opportunities are everywhere
· Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director at email@example.com.