PT Operations Associate – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Operations Associate is responsible for delivering the FAO Schwarz brand to each guest of our flagship store through effective replenishment and maintenance of product planograms and layout. The Operations Associate role covers many functions across the store including shipment and PO processing, replenishment, stock organization outbound shipping and BOSS fulfilment.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
What You’ll Do
- Process shipments in line with best practice guidance and productivity expectations.
- Replenish the sales floor in line with existing planograms and visual standards.
- Organize inventory within the stock room to maximize replenishment efficiencies.
- Use Inventory management systems to make inventory adjustments.
- Assist with picking and packing send sales and BOSS orders.
- Provide support for store event setup and breakdown.
- Multitask when on the sales floor to prioritize guests before all tasks to support delivering the store selling vision.
- Maintain good understanding of store layout and local area to effectively and accurately handle guest queries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic merchandising principles in order to maintain the floor layout and planograms on a daily basis.
What You Have
- 1+ year experience in an operations or back of house role within a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment preferred.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- A love of the FAO brand.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal ability.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled